At Addleshaw Goddard LLP our ambition is to create an inclusive culture to allow all of our colleagues to be the best that they can be. We want to build an environment where disability inclusion becomes part of our DNA and where people living with a disability or supporting others with a disability feel supported by us and empowered to reach their full potential.
We know that we are at the start of our disability inclusion journey but we are committed to making positive change throughout the business, raising awareness both internally throughout the firm and externally with clients and suppliers.
We have already appointed disability inclusion partners and inclusion advocates whose role is to examine and review our policies on a continuous basis and to help implement change and, in addition to this, we pledge to:
- improve our recruitment policies and recruitment accessibility programme for people with a disability
- form a disability support network and also a carers’ network (specifically to support those colleagues who care for a family member with a disability)
- reduce stigma around the discussion of disabilities and raise awareness
- achieve Employer status from a Disability Confident accreditation perspective
- celebrate and champion key events, milestones and people
- improve current working practices to empower people with disabilities and, in particular, strive to ensure that any colleague who becomes disabled during their time with us is supported to continue in their role, if they wish to
- explore and engage in client partnership opportunities across our business to support inclusion diversity outside of our organisation, including with other Valuable 500 signatories.