At Jurys Inns and Leonardo Hotels UK and Ireland, we are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves at work. Our Company Vision is to deliver outstanding results through exceptional people, and therefore our people are key to our success.
Our Diversity and Inclusion strategy is high on our agenda in 2020 and a key element of this includes our company target of recruiting one employee with a disability per 100 bedrooms.
We will support the achievement of this target by carrying out the following actions:
- Our UK hotels have signed up to Disability Confident Level 1. It is our aim that over 50% of our UK hotels will be signed up to Level 2 by the end of 2020. By signing up to the Disability Confident scheme we are committed to providing initiatives such as work experience, work placement opportunities and providing more opportunities to people with a disability.
- In Ireland, our Irish hotels will continue their work placement initiatives with the Irish charity Rehab.
- We will further support the awareness of our commitment by ensuring that our careers website displays our Disability Confident logo.
- We will include unconscious bias, diversity and inclusion and specific information about supporting people with disabilities as part of our in-house training for all hiring managers.
- We will continue our initiative to provide training in Mental Health First Aid to ensure we have a number of team members able to support in this area throughout the UK and Ireland.