At MSD, Global Diversity & Inclusion (GD&I) is fundamental to how we operate and core to our mission of saving and improving lives. We understand that patients are increasingly diverse and people with disabilities represent one of the largest under-served populations globally. We are proud to stand by the mission of the Valuable 500 and are passionate about creating a future where all members of the workforce are empowered to achieve their full potential and to experience greater satisfaction in achieving our Company goals through valuing the diverse perspectives they bring across all dimensions of ability – both apparent and non-apparent.
We believe that every individual is a source of competitive advantage and the potential for greatness among people with disabilities is limitless. We reinforce this through a culture of transparency and accountability, using a strategic roadmap with high performance standards to achieve meaningful business results. We foster a culture of equity, empowerment, engagement and belonging so that every employee feels welcomed and valued.
States Celeste Warren, VP, Global Diversity & Inclusion Center of Excellence, “Diversity and inclusion have the ability to transform our culture, drive business results and advance our company’s mission to save and improve lives around the world. When people feel valued and empowered, they are able to innovate and make amazing things happen.”
With this as our focus, we use GD&I best practices to define and execute our strategy to focus on strengthening the foundational elements of diversity, ensure accountability to drive an inclusive culture, leverage diversity and inclusion to ensure business value and transform the environment, culture and business landscape.
“At MSD, we are committed to cultivating a disability-confident workplace where everyone can participate. When people feel included and valued, we all succeed.” – Ken Frazier, Chairman and CEO
We are proud to support The Valuable 500 and commit to the following:
- Implement Universal Design, facility-accessibility standards that improve employee performance, safety and social participation rates, and benefit not only people with disabilities but also all MSD employees working at facilities around the world.
- Leverage best-in-class and next generation digitally accessible technology to enhance our employee, patient and consumer experience.
- Engage employees in workplace mental health awareness to reduce the stigma and to implement proven mental health best practices to boost productivity, engagement and improve the lives of our employees and their families.
- Utilize recruiting and promotion processes to reduce unconscious bias and structural barriers in the hiring of people with disabilities and leverage direct hiring, indirect hiring and supplier diversity engagements to broaden the feeder pool of strong talent.
- Pledge to take these steps as well as identify and promote other best practices that will close the gap to ensure full inclusion for the estimated 15% of the world’s population who have a disability.