The Ornua Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging mission statement is: ‘to embed a culture at Ornua where employees can bring their whole selves to work.’
We will achieve this through the execution of our DI&B strategy which has a strong focus on inclusiveness.
We are working hard to build a culture of inclusiveness, where difference is embraced, enabling us to be more innovative in how we work, think and deliver for our people, our customers and our members – Ireland’s dairy processors, and in turn, Irish dairy farming families.
Our 3-5-year commitments to disability inclusion include:
- Ensure that disability inclusion is a Board agenda item every quarter, where progress is discussed and measured.
- Equip our Leaders across the globe with the knowledge and skills to be strong and inclusive leaders through the ‘Inclusive Leadership’ module of the Ornua People Leadership Suite.
- Empowering and supporting our colleagues in all of our locations across the world, to feel comfortable talking about their disabilities, including invisible disabilities, at work.
- In our key locations across the world, participate in programmes that support people with intellectual disabilities to be successful at Ornua or to benefit from the skills and Leadership of employees from Ornua. Current initiatives include the Trinity College Centre for People with intellectual Disabilities business partner programme in Ireland and the Misericordia Emerging Leaders Board membership initiative in our Foods North America business. This programme of initiatives will continue to expand.
- Ensure that our Global Wellbeing strategy is clearly aligned and supportive of disability inclusion.
- Building a strategy to hire more colleagues to join our team who are neuro-diverse.