Founded in 1896, Roche Products Ltd (Roche) continues to search for better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases and make a sustainable contribution to society. We have one mission: to do now what patients need next.
Roche is a government recognised Disability Confident Employer, and we have signed-up to the Valuable 500 as part of our ongoing commitment to create a diverse and inclusive workspace. We want to celebrate our differences and believe there is value in hiring individuals with diverse ages, gender, background and (dis)abilities, with each unique perspective enriching our company.
Over the next two years, Roche aims to secure the status of ‘Disability Confident Leader’, by committing to the following:
- Continue to evaluate our workspace, making sure it is accessible and ‘fit-for-purpose’ and to support this, continuing to offer remote and flexible working options.
- Partner with ‘Exceptional Individuals’ to review our recruitment process and reasonable adjustment offerings. This partnership will extend into the development and delivery of a spiky profile recruitment tool to help individuals identify their strengths and areas for improvement, associated preferences and best suited communication methods.
- Support adults with (dis)abilities into employment, by providing workshops in the community that focus on employability skills to get them ‘work ready’. These workshops will be complimented by a series of shadow days at Roche, giving individuals the opportunity for work experience and helping them to better understand our company.
- Build an employee network of champions that will support and mentor our colleagues with disabilities. Each champion will be given training to ensure they can support colleagues with (dis)abilities to thrive in their roles.
- Learn from and share best practice with other Valuable 500 companies to drive the Inclusion Revolution.
Richard Erwin, General Manager, Roche Products Limited (UK)
Andrew Armes, UK Head of Talent Acquisition