At Daimler, we value the diversity of our workforce. For our global business, we make the most of different experiences, skills, and perspectives. Our workforce reflects the diversity of our customers, suppliers, investors, and our general environment. Everyone at Daimler is committed to a working environment of appreciation and mutual respect. That is how we shape our company’s future.
Diversity is the driving force behind our ideas, renewal and spirit of invention; it increases our innovation potential and our creativity. Inclusion for us means involving and treating everyone equally by dealing with the diversity of our employees in a conscious, integrative, and respectful manner. This is how all colleagues at Daimler can reach their full potential.
We include everyone! This is our commitment for inclusion of people with disabilities.
- We promote an enabling and inclusive work environment.
- Employment: We include people with disabilities on an equal footing: On the basis of our inclusion agreement, we create jobs for people with disabilities and promote their further qualification. Our action plan for severely disabled trainees opens up a wide range of commercial and technical professions for young people.
- Inclusive culture: We offer trainings for employees and managers to form an inclusive mindset and promote inclusive leadership. With specific communication activities and events, we sensitize our workforce for diversity and inclusion. Communication material and guidelines help our employees to be inclusive themselves.
- Accessibility at work: We focus on digital accessibility. Having installed an interdisciplinary working group, we put our attention on developing accessible IT systems by pursuing a human-centered design approach and on implementing accessible communication in our company. A training concept supports the development of accessible tools in our IT departments.
- We contribute to societal inclusiveness.
- Accessible Products & Costumer Services: We offer a comprehensive portfolio of driving aids for our cars & vans, if required even individually tailored, for example a hand control unit for throttle and braking. In terms of wheelchair accessibility and transportation, we cooperate with international bodybuilders. Furthermore, we are working on digital solutions to promote sustainable inclusive mobility.
- Stakeholder Engagement: We cooperate with charitable organizations and associations that support people with disabilities. We put the topic on the agenda of events and exchange with partners to strengthen our common impact on inclusiveness. Additionally, we back the civil engagement of our employees with donations and sponsorships by supporting social days or fund-raising.