Aviva has 31,000 people working in our offices from Toronto, Norwich to Singapore. Every single one of us brings unique knowledge and experience, attitudes and ambitions. We want to celebrate this diversity. It’s important to us that everyone is included. We’re looking at all aspects of our business to make sure inclusion informs everything we do from the way we treat our customers, intermediaries and partners, to how our people feel. It will underpin how we make business decisions and be part of how we aim to build stronger communities where we work.
Aviva has already made many great strides toward this inclusive environment through significant actions:
- By structuring all of our employee resource networks into six Global Communities to truly reflect intersectionality. The AvivAbility Community, sponsored by two of our leadership team executives, represents colleagues with visible and hidden disabilities as well as mental health and neurodiversity.
- Aviva has transparent and accessible policies that support our colleagues who have various abilities; such as the workplace adjustment passport and offering Carer leave.
- Aviva has recently secured the UK government accreditation of being a Disability Confident Level 2 employer.
- Training our staff on vulnerable customers and how we support them.
We will continue to challenge ourselves to be more inclusive by:
- Expanding our suite of market-leading policies through smarter working initiatives.
- Continue with property and facilities audits to ensure we know where and how we need to improve accessibility for all.
- Increase visibility and support of AvivAbility allies.
- Become members of the British Disability Forum (BDF).