At Clifford Chance we aim to be the global law firm of choice. Our ambition on inclusion should match that standard. We believe that the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and that people flourish in an environment where they are supported in expanding their careers and developing their resilience.
Our Disability Action Group aims to provide an inclusive, open environment for colleagues to raise and discuss aspects of working life – including where the workplace may be experienced differently by those with disabilities. We strive to create opportunities for rich discussion, sharing and establishing solutions across the firm, enabling colleagues – with and without disabilities – to thrive at Clifford Chance.
The Group has three core areas of focus:
- raising awareness
- providing support
We are active members of the Business Disability Forum and work closely with them to drive our disability strategy, providing a range of support for Managers and colleagues. Last year we hosted two Disability Action Group Forums which brought together employees to discuss the three core areas of focus and hear updates that have taken place across the Firm. We invest in workplace accessibility, through lighting upgrade, kitchen refresh, and expansion of loop enabled client meeting rooms. We also offer adjustments to the recruiting process to assist candidates with disabilities.
We will commit to:
- Continuing to raise awareness, provide support and increase accessibility for the Firm on a global level
- Ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicating and promoting vacancies
- Offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- Supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- At least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people