Gilbert + Tobin values and is dedicated to inclusion. We are committed to providing and maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment and a culture which fosters and celebrates difference. For G+T it is about diversity of thinking and bringing people’s life experience into the mix and making sure that we are as diverse as the Australian community is.
We celebrate the diversity and uniqueness of our people and that of our clients and know that our people can achieve all that is possible if they are safe and supported by a culture which encourages them to bring their whole selves to work.
Gilbert + Tobin recognises the importance of engaging people with disability in an ethical and inclusive manner, and we are committed to removing barriers to inclusion among our staff and our clients.
Gilbert + Tobin formalised its Diversity Council in 2018 and has already taken steps towards improving accessibility including:
- Delivering Disability Awareness and Confidence training throughout our offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth;
- Conducting an internal and external audit of our company through the Australian Network on Disability (AND);
- Hosting interns with disability through the AND Stepping Into Internships program; and
- Holding a workplace adjustments workshop.
Our Valuable 500 Commitment in 2020 is to prepare and launch a 3 year Disability Access and Inclusion Plan (2020 to 2022). The action plan will address some key areas around disability, including but not limited to:
- Conducting Disability Confidence, Document Accessibility, Mental Health Stigma Reduction and Unconscious Bias training for staff;
- Launching flexibility and workplace adjustment policies;
- Ensuring our premises provide dignified access for our staff and visitors;
- Ensuring all digital content is compliant with WCAG 2.00 AA or higher; and
- Embedding the principles of inclusive design within all products to deliver dignified and accessible services to our clients.