At IHG, our aim is to provide True Hospitality for everyone. We’re a business all about people – more than 400,000 colleagues who together create a diverse and inclusive culture that’s valued by millions of guests staying in our hotels, thousands of owners investing with us, and the talent of tomorrow who choose to work with us. We just wouldn’t be able to achieve great things if we were all the same. Our special culture is crucial to who we are, how we work together and how we grow our business.
As we sign this pledge, we are committing to the following initiatives:
- Continue to adapt our recruitment policies and practices to ensure they are accessible to all
- Continue to strengthen our partnership with Leonard Cheshire’s Change 100 program in the UK to take on graduates with disabilities for summer work placements
- Design interventions and adapt our practices to support and develop disabled talent, and share best practice between our hotels
- Support and grow a Disability and Wellbeing Network (DaWN), sponsored by Senior Leaders, with the overarching goal of raising awareness of both visible and invisible disabilities and the importance of wellbeing in the workplace
- Deliver a programme of Conscious Inclusion education to ensure that all our people lead and are led in an inclusive and bias-free way