Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) forms the core foundation of who we are in Johnson Matthey and our vision for a world that’s cleaner and healthier, today and for future generations. Integral to our culture are two fundamental beliefs: that all differences matter and that all people are valued.
We have recently refreshed our D&I road-map and our executive leadership teams have action plans aligned to it. The disability agenda forms a key part of our road-map and our commitments on this are to:
- Undertake an awareness campaign to increase the understanding of how we can make our employees with disabilities feel fully included in Johnson Matthey.
- Ensure all leadership teams have a specific, measurable commitment to progressing the disability agenda.
- Involve representatives from our newly formed Employee Resource Group, with first hand experience of Disability, in a board discussion on how we champion change.
- Utilise our employee engagement channels, including our country workforce committees, to source ideas and review the disability agenda, involving as may people with first-hand experience of disability as possible.
- Offer work experience placements in our key sites and review our recruitment networks in 2020 to encourage more people with disabilities to join Johnson Matthey.