At Places Leisure, we aim to focus on ability rather than disability as we look towards integration and equity for solutions to better support our communities and colleagues. We are delighted to get involved in the Valuable 500 Campaign as we continue on our inclusion journey and aim to understand ways in which we can refine our approaches and create both a positive internal and external culture that is inclusive for all.
We are committed to:
- Ensuring that inclusion remains high on the board agenda.
- Making dementia and mental health awareness training available for all of our 8,500 colleagues.
- Training 70 mental health first aiders and 7 inhouse mental health first aid trainers to support colleagues.
- Continuing to run Equality, Diversity and Inclusion workshops for colleagues.
- Deepening our partnership with Level Water, which offers free swimming to children with disabilities.
- Seeking to include pathways to mainstream activities within programmes designed specifically for those living with disabilities to increase the opportunities available to them.