Diversity of thought and expression is key to the creativity that fuels the music industry. At Sony Music UK we are proud to have a diverse workforce and we are committed to investing in inclusion in a meaningful, measurable way for all employees.
Our pledge to the Valuable 500 mission includes:
- The creation and funding of Sony Music Therapy Bursaries to support six students training for a Masters in Music Therapy through Nordoff Robbins’ acclaimed programme. This three-year commitment is designed to support students who would not otherwise have the resources to train as music therapists. It will allow for training and music therapy sessions to be delivered at schools, hospitals, care homes and other partnership institutions across the UK, for people whose disability, illness, social exclusion or life experience makes it hard for them to participate in everyday life.
- Training our senior leadership team, managers and employees in the skills and awareness needed to ensure disability inclusion. Through our partnership with the charity Mind our leaders have already been trained in managing mental health issues at work, guidance that can be applied to both our employees and our artists.
- Promoting greater flexibility in ways of working and harnessing technology to maximise accessibility for all employees. Continued support for staff with caring responsibilities through our emergency care provision benefit.
- Ensuring the design of our new London headquarters meets the highest standards for accessibility, including for invisible disabilities.
- Continuing to champion inclusion through our internal staff committee – What if? – which acts as a forum for suggestions to improve our workplace and team culture.