“At UniCredit, we believe that financial inclusion is key to the wellbeing of the communities in which we operate. We are convinced that employees with disabilities who receive the support they need in the workplace can perform the same as all other colleagues,” says Robert Zadrazil, CEO of UniCredit Bank Austria.
- UniCredit Bank Austria has 288 employees with disabilities.
- A professional Disability Management has been implemented for ten years.
- 100% of all UniCredit Bank Austria branches are fully accessible.
- All self-service devices are barrier-free, all business documents are accessible.
- UniCredit Bank Austria offers personal advisory services in sign language directly in the branch or via video call at home.
- A shuttle service in Vienna and Graz brings customers with restricted mobility to the branch for advisory appointments and picks them up again.
- The website is optimized for screen readers and also available in “easier reading” (in German only).
- Contract PDFs have a reading function.
- An internal network of 60 people from various business areas is supporting Disability Management to optimally integrate people with disabilities as employees and customers into daily work.
- UniCredit Bank Austria was independently confirmed by the leading disability advisory company myAbility to be the accessibility and inclusion model company in Austria, receiving 87% of all possible points.
We’re very proud to have received important national and international awards for our work:
- The “Zero Project Award” for SmartBanking in Sign-Language.
- The “Springboard Disability Matters Award” for inclusive workspace.
- The “Austrian Leading Companies Award” special prize for integrating people with disabilities into the workforce.